In order to be considered for publication with Inspirí Press, the work must be inspirational and uplifting. That means it:
- Portrays human nature
- Feels expansive
- Indicates progress in at least the mental and spiritual spheres
- Ultimately uplifts
If you need more information, direct your questions to submissions@inspiripress dot com.
If you think you meet these criteria, please send the first three chapters or first 75 pages (whichever is fewer) via e-mail to: submissions@inspiripress dot com. We also ask that you include a book proposal. Even if you’re doing assisted self-publishing, it will help when it comes time to market the book. Specifically we want:
- A brief synopsis of what the work is about. Three paragraphs or fewer will suffice.
- The hook. In one sentence, why would people want to read the book?
- Since we only want the first 75 pages, describe what will be contained in the rest of the book.
- How long will the work be and when will it be finished (if it’s not already)?
- The market. Who will want to read the book? Who will be the primary audience? Who will be the secondary audience?
- Promotion. What will you do to promote your work? How do you plan to get the word out?
- Competing books. What are the titles of books similar to yours? How is your work different from the competition? What can you offer the competition does not?
- Tell us about yourself. What are your credentials related to your book? Have you won any awards for writing? What makes you the best person to write this work?
In addition, the work must be 1.5 spaced, in 11 pt font and with numbered pages. Large files may be sent via Yousendit. If you’d rather, you can mail us your manuscript via media mail. Contact us for the address.
E-mail again is submissions@inspiripress dot com.
(Please note, your manuscript may or may not be returned. If your heart’s set on getting it back, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.)
Lastly, make sure you include in your submission a way for us to contact you! If you meet our criteria, we’ll be in touch. We look forward to reading your work.
Note: Image on the homepage is courtesy of Anankkml / FreeDigitalPhotos.net